Add/Alter Symbol for Business Process Mapping
- represents any time information is added to or changed.
- ...shows any change of information (value added). It may be a date stamp, initials,
signature, or even deletion or erasure of a previous entry.
The text associated with an Add/Alter symbol may include a list of specific entries.
Do Symbol for Business Process Mapping
- Represents a physical change to a product
- ...shows value added in a production process.
- ...not used in information flows.
Although Do steps are critical to the throughput of manufacturing processes, they
typically account for a very small percentage (2 percent or so) of the processing time.
Process Improvement Project Kickstarter!
Questions or Comments - Call 800-628-9558 or
send us a note